Retained List To Be Confirmed At 12:00 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Retained List To Be Confirmed At 12:00

TJ must be one of the best players we have ever released, certainly in recent years. Not so long ago, we would have killed for a player like that. The writing was on the wall - his last start was against Blackpool on NYD.

TJ made 148 appearances for Lincoln across his three spells with the club, scoring 5 goals.

Hakeeb made 56 appearances, scoring 7 goals.
It’s a shame as he seemed a decent chap too. Perhaps he wants to be released as already lined up something else - more southern based? Is he as good now as he was when he first came in on loan?

For me the Youth team feels like they are a part of a different club.

I am sure this is not the intention of LCFC but they very rarely get a mention, we get no write ups or progress reports about them.
Some news now on the academy…..one of the coaches has been poached by Brighton.

He was a key member of the play off squad and his goals and performances in the early part of that season helped set the standard. Lewis has been a class act on and off the pitch throughout his time here even if the injuries prevented him from becoming the £1m+ player we all saw in that season.

I just hope the medical advice for Lewis and for the club is good and they can agree a fair deal.
Compare the performance minutes with walsh and bishop.
Then compare the level of sympathy v level of stick received ))

Sad to see TJ go, although he probably felt that he didn’t quite fit in with the group. Decent player at this level, hope he does well.

Must be the least favourite few days for a manager. Helping to decide their fate and then speaking with the out of contract players won’t have been easy for Scoobs. But now it’s on with the new squad.

Compare the performance minutes with walsh and bishop.
Then compare the level of sympathy v level of stick received ))
Yeah, I've got a huge soft spot for Lewis so im guilty of some favouritism. It's also a bit different having one (or two) massive injuries like he has had, as opposed to all the constant niggling ones Bishop and Walsh seemed to get. Feels like he's been really unlucky.

A shame, though, as he's someone I was really excited by.
I think he thinks he is better than what he really is, on his day you want him in your side, too many times he just disappears from games. If he does go shame some will remember him for his penalty miss against Portsmouth rather than for the pressure one he scored against Oxford. Sounds as if he has something lined up.
UTI

Must be the least favourite few days for a manager. Helping to decide their fate and then speaking with the out of contract players won’t have been easy for Scoobs. But now it’s on with the new squad.

I doubt these decision lie solely with the manager anymore.

It’s a shame as he seemed a decent chap too. Perhaps he wants to be released as already lined up something else - more southern based? Is he as good now as he was when he first came in on loan?

I think the answer is probably no.
I had a look back at the match thread for the Northampton away game, the one where we shipped two very late goals. The first was largely due to an error by TJ when he headed across our box, instead of clearing it. Understandably his confidence went.
He took a lot of pelters in the match thread.
Variously

"TJ makes me nervous too, I agree that he often feels like an accident waiting to happen.

Eyoma was a liability all night. It was no coincidence that Northampton often looked to target Eyoma (just as Bolton did), but unfortunately we introduced Jackson when it was too late and TJ had already gifted them a goal.

I was surprised that MK has picked TJ for all games so far as I always worry when he is in possession - he always has an error in him."

Not very representative, to take this one game perhaps but he did seem low on confidence thereafter. I remember Kennedy mentioning his long one to one conversations with TJ implying that there might have been something to do with his mind set.

The change of head coach didn't seem to help his cause.

The other interesting thing was the amount of criticism levelled against Mark Kennedy for his tactical changes at half time and the substitutions made.

Eyoma is still relatively a young player and a new start somewhere will do him good. Certainly has the capability of being a regular in a league one side if he can find some consistency. Lack of consistency and probably confidence have not helped him. I can remember his performances in the playoff semi finals against Sunderland when he was outstanding and looked a real prospect so is definitely a player in their. Seemed a nice lad and always gave his best in the limited game time he has had. Good luck to him.

I would be gutted if Mandriou left as I feel he has played his best for the club under MS. His work rate and tracking back for the team is something he hasn't shown under any other Manager. I think aanother season under MS woulld see him flourish. If he leaves I think it will be one that as got away and will be a shame

Eyoma is as good as when he came but not much better, which for a player bought for his potential to develop was a problem.

To be harsh, when initially on loan, he was replaced as full back/wing back, by Regan Poole, as soon as MA could (whether you agreed with that or not).

... but obvious had potential, which is why we subsequently bought him.

Nevertheless he was initially 4th choice centre back behind Jackson, Walsh, and Montsma and second choice right (wing) back behind Poole, when he permanently signed....

and three years later he was 6th choice centre back behind Jackson, Montsma, Mitchell, O'Connor and Roughan

and at best second right (wing) back behind Sorensen.

Other young players when TJ signed, like Roughan and Sorensen have made much more progress and made themselves fixtures in the team.

You can come up with theories as to why but that seems to be the background to yesterday's decision